When we were getting ready for C, we only bought a set of bumGenius 3.0 diapers thinking they'd fit right away. Yeah, not so much. He was in preemie and newborn diapers for 3 months before fitting into his BGs. I had no idea that he'd be so small or that there were other options out there for newborn babies. After much research, review reading, and chats with other Moms, I started building our newborn stash in November. I am seriously grateful that I got to take advantage of Black Friday deals this time around - it saved us a boat load of money.
Our stash consists of:
- 24 orange edged GMD prefolds (newborn size)
- 24 yellow edged GMD prefolds (small size)
- 4 Thirsties Duo Wrap covers (size 1) in Scottish Rose, Scottish Storm, Rose, & Warm Stripes
- 1 Thirsties Duo pocket (size 1) in Alice Brights
- 1 Rump-a-rooz cover (newborn) in Lux
- 1 Blueberry pocket (one size) in Tweet
- 5 Snappi Fasteners
- 18 Thirsties Fab cloth wipes
Not to mention the Black Friday freebies we got...
- Diaper Rite pocket diaper (one size) in Lilac
- Rump-a-rooz pocket diaper (one size) in Tulip
- Diaper Rite wet bag in Hot Pink
Or the stuff I got for dirt cheap on the cloth diapering Facebook swap page...
- 2 bumGenius pocket (one size) in Lovelace & Blossom
- 4 Sunbaby pocket (one size) with various fun prints like argyle and Mickey Mouse
- 24 bumGenius cloth wipes
And the dipes we borrowed a fellow cloth diapering Mommy...
- 2 Best Bottoms covers (one size) in Very Cherry & Mint Chocolate Chip
- 8 snap in liners (small size)
I'm proud to say that everything was either borrowed or bought on sale, clearance, as a second (visually imperfect), or used. It seems like a lot, but its still cheaper than $25-30/week for preemie/newborn disposable diapers. Once she's big enough (and C is potty trained), she'll just move into his daycare-friendly bumGenius diapers.
Everything is washed, stacked, and ready to go! Most people get excited about their baby's coming home outfit. Is it weird that I'm excited about her coming home diaper??