- I hate running in the summer. Holy crap, do I hate it. I am not a warm weather person to begin with and not only do I burst into flames without sunscreen on, but the heat slows me down so much it's painful.
- When I wear running skirts, I get dirty looks from old people as if there is nothing on underneath it.
- I love, love, love my new shoes and my feet don't hurt at all!
- Charlie is a terrible cheerleader when we go for runs. "Mommy, you're slow. Run faster like Daddy! Slow for Ginny, fast for Charlie please!" At least he's polite, right?
- I'd rather push a 60 lb. loaded jogging stroller than carry my own water bottle.
- I really need to get over my running boredom and anxiety. Yes, I could be doing something else while I'm running, but I'm not - I'm running. Stop flippin worrying about it.
- I'm seriously behind on half training. I ran 3 miles last Sunday thinking that was the day's plan when it turned out to be 4 miles. I think 4 miles might have killed me. :-/ Regardless, I'm running 4 miles this Sunday, so hold onto your hats kids.
- I need to drink significantly more water throughout the day. I get a huge headache after I run outside, despite drinking before, during, and after my run.
- I need to remember sunscreen (see #1) and sunglasses. I think I may invest in some prescription sunglasses because I loathe wearing contacts. Hmm....
So far, I've run about 7 miles this week and while they weren't fast miles, I ran 'em, damn it. I'm surprised that I'm actually enjoying running with the jogging stroller since I hated it when I tried in the winter. I'm hoping it'll help me train since the extra weight won't be there when I race in September.
This coming week, I need to run 4 miles on Sunday, then 30 minutes Tuesday and Thursday. Here's to another week!