Now, I understand parents that stay home full time have mastered this whole keeping kids occupied thing, but Jeff hasn't exactly done that. His seasonal stay at home Dad status is redefined every year as the kids grow. To keep everyone busy (and happy) we're getting our selves ready with indoor and outdoor activities for them to do together without breaking the bank.
We are fortunate to have a gated patio for the kids to safely play. Along with the community garden and park nearby, this is where they'll spend most of their time. At the end of last summer, we stocked up on our favorite go to activities (bubbles and chalk) when everything went on clearance. I really love this idea for stick bubbles since they work super well, but get spilled all the time!
Charlie has been really into playing t-ball and soccer lately too, so having those things around will surely be a big hit. I'm still in the market for a pop up soccer net - hopefully Craig's List comes through for me on this one because I definitely don't want to spend $30 for one at WalMart.
We still have our Little Tikes Spiralin' Seas Waterpark which has been a big hit since we got it a few years ago and with the addition of our Step2 Fold and Play Jr. Slide and baby pool, our garden to work in, and a bunch of indoor ideas, we're set!
Here is our list of summer supplies and ideas thus far.
- Chalk for drawing and games
- Baby pool and water table
- Pool toys, buckets and cups for pouring water, water balloons
- Kid sized tools for gardening
- Nature scavenger hunt
- Bike riding
- Catching (and releasing!) bugs
- "Camping" in the evening with the play pop tent
- Tie dye
- Blanket fort building supplies (flat sheets, clothes pins, etc.)
- Play Doh, crayons, paint, and other art/craft supplies
- Board games
- Ball pit
- Legos, puzzles, and tanagrams
- Reading and making up stories
- Movies (don't lie, this is important to have in your indoor arsenal)
- Inside scavenger hunt
- Games, making music, singing songs
Follow Jen's board Stuck Inside Activities on Pinterest.
Follow Jen's board Summer! on Pinterest.