This week, I picked up...
- Material and notions for Ginny's Dorothy dress and shoes ($6 @ JoAnn's)
- Glitter paper for the birthday banner ($6.50 @ Michael's)
- 4 wooden baskets for table decorations ($8 @ Michael's)
- Huge box of red/white paper straws ($5 left over from Parker's 1st Birthday Party)
I decided to make the dress part of Ginny's outfit, but use a white onesie or shirt underneath it. For the shoes, I've searched high and low for "ruby slippers" and have found that most places start at "toddler" sizes, around size 5. She's a 3.5 at the moment, so I'm giving up. I found glittery red fabric and plan to make these little Mary Janes instead.
I downloaded a gray scale vector image of brick and tiled it across an 8 1/2 x 11 size image. Then I printed the design on the yellow paper to give it the brick effect. When I printed out the first sheet I freaked out - it was EXACTLY what I wanted it to look like. With the glitter paper and the brick pattern, its spot on Wizard of Oz.
The menu is another thing I can easily plan far ahead. We're going to be doing a lot of appetizers and snacks instead of a whole meal. I really like the idea of doing the fruit rainbow as well as some finger foods such as spinach balls, little pinwheel sandwiches, cheese platter, cauliflower buffalo bites, and of course the cake.
Birthday To Do List:
- Dorothy dress
- Dorothy shoes
- Print invitations
- Send invitations
Decide on menu Make birthday banner
- Collect decorations for food table
- Find Wizard of Oz book for guest book
- Pick things for goodie bags
- Pick a cake design
We're well on our way!
Post a Comment