Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Friday, November 25, 2011

Y3W: So Much Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Its been a fun few days of family, friends, yummy food, shopping, and of course left overs. Mmmm left overs. I've eaten mashed potatoes for every meal today and am proud to admit it. I've also been in my pajamas all day and haven't showered yet. That I'm a little less proud of.

Anyway. We had a wonderful joint Thanksgiving dinner between our family and the K's. Lots of food and fellowship for sure!
We had a wonderful spread of turkey, all the classic sides, and desserts (including my yum-tastic apple pie). We split up the menu and got together in one of the large rec rooms on campus.

Of course C enjoyed himself thoroughly. In fact, think he ate more than J did. Granted, J wasn't feeling very well, but still - C ate a lot. And no, he didn't eat the whole turkey leg. It made for a funny picture though, right?

Mashed potato facial, anyone? I had the privilege of sitting next to him and spent the entire meal dodging his mush covered hands as he tried to grab my sweater. I know he was just trying to share, which is commendable and adorable, but ew.

It took several baby wipes, but he eventually got cleaned up and spent the rest of the evening playing with B's trucks. For a 1 year old and a 2 year old, they play so nicely together! I can't wait for the summer - these two are going to be running circles around this campus. Oy.

After dinner and a bit of a rest, J and I went to Target around 9:30pm to stand with the masses and attempt to get their 46" $300 TV deal. Riiiiight. I knew deep down that we weren't going to get this TV, but that's alright. What I really had my heart set on was the $49 Shark Steam Mop. Oooooh steam I needed a steam mop.

When we realized the hoard had gotten all the TVs, I made a B line for the housewares - the mop was mine and I love it! My kitchen floor is so flipping clean. Before and after pictures later. Yes, I took before and after pictures of my kitchen floor.

We were in and out of Target in about 30 minutes (after 2 1/2 hours waiting to get in). The other bazillion people behind us in line? Most of them were still waiting outside, wrapped around the store. When I went back this afternoon to check a few more things out, someone said they didn't get everyone into the store until around 4am. Yowza.

While I was gone, J and his Mom made dangerously delicious cookies that I may or may not have eaten most of already. They even included C in the fun and had him shake up sugar and food coloring to make sugar cookie decorations. Super cute.

Now we have lots of family around, Thanksgiving left overs, most of our Christmas shopping done, delicious cookies, and our tree up. This is my absolute favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment