Charlie has been home for (almost) a whole week! I can't believe it - time has flown by. Things have been going very well thus far and while we're not exactly on a recognizable schedule yet, Charlie is eating well and we're all, surprisingly, getting enough sleep.
|Charlie loves napping in his Boppy pillow.|
Now that we're getting established at home, we can work on our two big goals for Charlie; to breastfeed him for at least 6 months (hopefully a year) and to use cloth diapers to both save money and be a little more earth friendly. The breastfeeding has been going much better now that we're at home. He only really gets bottles (of breast milk) at night when Jeff helps feed him. The cloth diapers, however? Not going so well thus far...
Despite it only being a week, there have already been quite a few lessons learned. Some of these include:
- Napping is a glorious thing that should be done regularly.
- Have baby gas drops on hand BEFORE you need them.
- A Keurig coffee maker is wonderful for boiling hot water quickly to heat bottles at 4am.
- Make it a point to eat breakfast and take a shower in the morning or you never will.
- Keep track of how many diapers you have left so you don't reach into an empty bag.
- Laying on the couch and snuggling is the perfect utilization of an afternoon.
And I'm sure there will be many, many more lessons to come.
(If you're wondering, it took about 40 minutes.)