You know you're a runner when...
- You search for 5K's at your travel destination in case you can squeeze one in.
- Your running shoes are by far the most expensive shoes you own.
- You begin sorting your laundry by darks, lights, whites....and running stuff.
- You sleep in your sports bra to make getting up for early runs easier.
- You run around your apartment building a few times just to get that last few tenths of a mile.
- You try not to use your phone a lot during the day so it'll have enough battery for your run after work.
- You accidentally run on your off day (I did this one last week! Whoops!)
- You have more races on your calendar than other social events.
- You don't want to vacuum the living room, but will put in 4 miles down town.
- You know where all of the bumps in the side walk are from running with the stroller.
- People regularly tell you that you're crazy and you say, "thank you."
- As you drive around town, you keep an eye on the odometer so you can plan your next long run.
- Your toddler climbs in the jogger and asks to go for a run.
What about you? How do you know you're a runner?!
On the training front, things are going really well! I have about two weeks until the Chocolate Tour 6 miler and I AM READY! I ran 6 miles on Monday night that honestly felt great. I ran in town until I ran out of sidewalk, then came back home. When I was approaching my house I realized I'd only run 4.75 miles and briefly considered stopping there. Then I realized; if I ran another 15 minutes, I could hit 6 miles. Fifteen minutes. That's all! Running is such a mental game and I'm learning that more and more as every day passes. It is all in my head. Right now? I've got one thought...
I can't wait to crush this race!