- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 1 (750 mL) bottle of red table wine
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Mix together lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, and triple sec.
- Float slices of lemon, orange, and lime in the mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Add ginger ale shortly before serving.
|Some for the recipe, some for Momma...|
I bought this big glass pitcher just for this sangria recipe and I'm not afraid to admit it! It's just too pretty to be poured out of a plastic tub; it's not Kool Aid, people!
As a fun side note, this can also be frozen and made into a slushy! Just let it sit in the fridge over night as directed, then remove the fruit pieces and strain to get all the little pieces out. Then, put into a zip lock bag in the freezer for about 2 hours. The alcohol in it should keep it from freezing solid. Mash it up in the bag and spoon into pretty glasses or bowls.
I'm making this, along with grilled peaches and ice cream, for a My 31 party I'm hosting tonight. A kid free night with sweets and wine? Sounds fabulous to me. Cheers!