Trust me, I know my 30's aren't a guaranteed cake walk, but for some reason I'm really looking forward to wrapping up my 20's and starting this next chapter of my life. I want to kick off the decade right - I want to do, learn, and try 30 things for me.
So here are the 30 things I want to accomplish to kick off this next big decade of my life - not before I'm 30, but when I'm 30. So often the lists I see out there are "before you're 30" bucket lists, as if you life comes to a screeching halt once you hit the big 3-0. Nope, not gonna happen. I'm only getting started!
Here's to Thirty in Thirty!
- Wear make up (almost) everyday.
- Fit into a size 6 again.
- Put together a wardrobe that I'm proud of.
- Take better care of my skin. If I do wear make up, I often forget to wash it off and I always forget sunscreen. Not good.
- Run a 5K, 10K, and a half marathon.
- Join something new. It's broad, but who knows what I'll come up with!
- Be in at least 75 pictures with my family. I'm always behind the camera.
- Go camping.
- See a live show (concert, theatrical performance, etc.)
- Try 10 new wines.
- Take a cooking class with Jeff.
- Complete the 365 photography challenge (June 14th, 2014 - June 14th 2015)
- Write an article that gets published.
- Make scrapbooks for my wedding and honeymoon.
- Pull a good ol' fashioned all nighter hanging out with friends.
- Volunteer at least 5 hours a month.
- Visit 5 different museums.
- Donate blood twice.
- Plant a flower garden.
- Try a new hobby. Not sure what, but I'm gonna try something new.
- Renew my CPR certification.
- Learn to juggle.
- Ride a horse.
- Read at least 3 books related to my profession. There's so much out there to learn.
- Visit 10 new places within 25 miles of my home.
- Go to the beach.
- Learn to bake bread.
I'm purposely leaving the last three open in case I think of new things along the way! For some things, I'll post about them here. For some, I'll just mark them off. Once I get started, I'll try to keep the list updated as best as I can!