Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Call Me Bob Vila: Part Deux

The red highchair is almost done! I let the primer dry for a few days and then threw on two coats of "Bright Red" paint. I'm usually not that patient - I just didn't have time before last night.

When I first bought the chair, I noticed that it still had its maker's mark on the back of the headrest. Being an antique chair, it would be a shame to just sand it off, so I covered it with a bit of painter's tape to preserve it during the sanding/painting.

After the paint dried, I put a coat of polyurethane on the high traffic areas (the tray and under his butt and feet). Like an idiot, I used oil based poly on water based paint, so its taking forever to fully dry. So, take it from me - oil based poly over oil based paint and water based poly over water based paint. Duh.

The last thing to do is make a safety strap for it. I have white strap webbing, but need to pick up clips. After that, it'll be ready to use. One more thing checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment