Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finally an Update!

Whoooo-boy. It has been one busy month! Where to begin? This month was full of work, play, trips, and milestones - so much so that I apparently could not find any time to post. Oops!

Charlie & Grandpa
I'm not going to bore you the work part (not entirely anyway), but there are plenty of good stories about the rest. In the beginning of the month, Charlie and I spent a week in Pennsylvania, leaving Jeff to bachelor it up for the week with the cat. Ten days of uninterrupted sleep - that lucky dog. That aside, the trip was fantastic. We first stopped at my Dad's house after a long, long car ride and stayed for a few days. It was great to see everyone and spend some time with my crazy ass siblings! It'll be almost May before we get to see them again, so it was nice to hang out.

Charlie, Grandma, & Great Grandma
The next leg of our journey brought us to see Jeff's family. While there, we made our rounds to see everyone and introduce Charlie to his great grandparents. It was wonderful. :-) You want to see some happy people? Bring a baby to a retirement community. He was happy, smiley, and so pleasant. I know he's just a baby and doesn't really control when he's happy or fussy, but it was great that everyone got to see him that way. I was a proud Momma.

Charlie at the park for the first time
The main reason for our big trip to PA was so I could attend a job conference in Philadelphia. The opportunity to interview with numerous universities from across the country in one place? Yes, please. Despite the torrential down pour the first day, the long days, and crazy train schedules, it was a great experience. Plus, Charlie got to hang out with Grandma and Aunt Deb while I was in the city. Everyone wins! Now is the waiting game. Where will my next job be? Where will we move to? No clue. That update will come later.

Our last, but not least, task in PA was to meet Cory for our obligatory breakfast at the Exton Diner. Charlie was very excited to meet her! :-D
Charlie & Aunt Cory

After the big PA trip it was back to the grind...for a few days at least. When I returned home, I had three days and then headed out again. Yes, back on the road I went to North Carolina this time for a student leadership conference. The catch? Charlie stayed at home with Jeff. The sleep was nice, but it being our first night apart since he came home, it broke my heart to be without him. The conference was fun, but I was glad to get home on Sunday.

Exersaucer time
Other than that, its just been a lot of me working, Jeff teaching, and Charlie being Charlie. Speaking of Charlie being Charlie, this boy is going to give me gray hairs! Since the womb, he's had a habit of only responding to "serious talks." For instance, when I was in labor, it wasn't until the doctor came in and talked to me about the possibility of a c-section that he started moving into position. More recently, it wasn't until his pediatrician and I began talking about developmental delays that he started to hold his head up and steady, sit up with assistance, babble, and reach for toys. Yup, all that in the past few weeks! But only after the "serious talk." Oooh, Charlie. School will be interesting.

Regardless of him waiting until the last second, I can't believe how big my tiny baby is getting. He talks, laughs, makes faces, responds to us when we talk to him, reaches for toys, and mimics sounds. Its absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment